Pennants are very popular during football season and if you’re hosting your own football/super bowl party, you might want to consider making your own pennants to offer as halftime prizes or to give guests as they arrive so they can root for their team!
Supplies You Will Need:
- 8″ x 11″ piece of paper
- Assorted colors of felt
- Scissors (or my preference, a rotary cutter and cutting mat)
- Staple Gun
- 12″ dowel rod
- Draw a large triangular flag shape on paper and cut it out. This is your pattern.
- Place the pattern on a piece of felt and trace around it with chalk. Cut it out.
- To decorate your pennant, draw letters or outlines of pictures (baseball, bat, football, etc.) on paper. Cut them out.
- Place the patterns on the felt. Trace them using chalk (as above) and cut them out.
- Glue your letters or picture cutouts to the pennant. Leave a 1/2″ space near the wide edge. You may want to decorate both sides of the pennant.
- Wrap one side of the flag around the top of the dowel rod and use your staple gun to secure it in placThere are various ways to make pennants and depending on what age group is making them, the supplies will vary. You could even do iron on transfers!
Have you ever made a team pennant?