Boiling an egg can be intimidating to some so here is my method for boiling the perfect egg.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with about 1 to 2 inches of tap water
- Turn heat to medium high to high heat. You want it to come to a rolling boil.
- Once it starts boiling, let it boil for 1 minute.
- Turn the burner off and cover the pan with a lid.
- Set the timer for 17 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, take to the sink and run cold water over them. Pour the water off and give them a shake in the pan to crack them and run more cold water on them until the eggs are just barely warm.
I have better luck peeling them if they are not completely cooled…just a little warm to the touch.
–The fresher the eggs are the harder they are to peel, so if you know you are going to be boiling some eggs, use your older eggs for that.
–One thing I like to do when I make deviled eggs is the night before I will flip the eggs upside down in the carton. The yolk will become more centered in the egg white by doing that.
Also, I haven’t tried this, but it looks like a fun way to peel the eggs.